Please select size
required from drop-down list below.
Whitecliff Toll House 1888.
Please note: Print sizes are approximate and may vary from those shown due
to the image format.
Many of the areas roads were built
in the 19th century under the auspices of the Dean Forest Turnpike Trust,
who established turnpike houses and gates at various points to collect the
Coleford, being at the centre of a hub of radiating routes, had several — at
Poolway, Coalway Lane End, Whitechff, Scatterford, Crossways, Sling,
Staunton and Berry Hill.They were abolished on 31 December 1888 and the
newly formed local council took over responsibility for the roads. This
photograph of Whitecliff Toll House was taken on that final day.
Pay us securely with any major credit card.
(A PayPal account is not
necessary for this service.)